Thursday, August 28, 2008

True Confessions

Yes, my dear blog friends, I have a confession to make which will cause you all to  comment on how twisted I am.  You will remove me from your lists.  I will no longer be your friend.  I am hanging my head in shame.

Gulp...here goes:  I am addicted to reality shows.  Yes, it's true.  I saw the light this morning when the local news show mentioned that the Jerry Lewis Telethon would start Sunday night.  Sunday night!  Argghh....Big Brother is on Sunday night.  Oh no you didn't!  I cursed Jerry Lewis!  I ran for the remote  and checked Sunday night's guide, pulse racing...sweet relief...it will still be shown.  After all...it only comes on twice a week!  That's when I knew.  I'm am a reality show addict.  I should have realized it long ago when my DVR was full of shows such as Big Loser, Project Runway, Shear Genius, and America's Top Model.

  But...I'm not alone in my shame.  'Bama Girl is as much addicted as I.  My DVR was  also set to record What Not to Wear and Say Yes to The Dress.  Oh my!, what she doesn't know is that I've had to remove those to save room for the others that we will watch together when she comes home.  What am I saying?  I've brought  my sweet, innocent daughter into my world of disgrace.  This has got to stop.  Right after the finale of Big Brother.  I promise.  But wait...Wednesday is the premier of the new Top Model.  I'll quit next season, really I will.

And...another confession:  I'm messy and I have proof.

DSC01665

 

 

  There's this mess.

 

 

 

DSC01666

 

 

  And this.

 

 

 

DSC01667

 

 

  And...again.  Such a mess.

 

 

 

You see, I've been home alone all week...no husband, no kids...just me and the dog.  Also, no vacuuming, no dusting, no groceries.  I've played and now I've got to pay!  So...my day is laid out for me:  cleaning and grocery shopping!  David comes home tonight and I think he'll notice if I don't do these things!

Later,

Debbie

PS:  Just heard from the Doctor...the 'spot' on my forehead was benign...Yay!  Thank you for your support and prayers!

12 comments:

  1. Debbie, if that is your idea of bad things about you. than Life your head Up high and smile there are a lotta folks out there thay are just like you. Me I'm a giant Pack rat,and I dare not show my stuff.for fear of what poepls would think of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the spot report! I don't watch much t.v., no time. I guess I could do that instead of blog. But blogs are kind of a reality thing too! So I'm hooked on reality computer stuff. tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for the spot report! I too have guilty little pleasures like:
    Survivor and America's Top Model and the most guilty of all; Paradise Hotel. I don't admit this to just anybody. Oh the shame of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You call that a mess?!??? My work spaces don't look that good after I've straightened them up.
    Glad to hear about your medical report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get to watch it much-but I too love reality t.v.!! My girls enjoy it too-my husband hates it!

    So glad the spot was benign!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRAISE GOD FOR THE BENIGN SPOT!!!!

    I looked for Bama Girl while watching the game on TV. Tuba, right?

    34-10 is not a bad way to start the season! Roll Tide!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. If that mess is shameful then mine must be disgraceful. And let me tell you we was at a birthday party this evening and I looked at my watch and it was 8:00 I looked over at Tony and said find our son we have to get home Big Brother is on. With those words we hustled our way through the crowds of people to say our good byes, got our son off the jumping pillow and made it home by 8:10. Can't miss it because it's getting down to the the final 4!

    My favorites are Big Brother, Mole and Biggest Loser. The kid's also like to watch American Idol along with others that I haven't watched yet. So don't feel alone!

    Who do you hope makes it to the final two? I'm hoping it's Jerry and Renny. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I really like Renny at times she seems like a nut but other times she is so serious looking.

    Our family lives near Gulf Port and after Katrina they said they would never stay to ride another out. I know the biggest worry for them this time is the tornados. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, I am happy to hear your spot is benign.

    I wonder why they call them reality shows? I used to watch Survivor but I quit because it seemed like the shows were getting too predictible. I figured I needed a break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHy would anyone disown you for that? We are just jealous!! I am happy to hear about your spot! Skin Cancer is terrible! I have to be careful it runs in our family! So what did you sew!! I see the sewing machine out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm right with you on the reality TV stuff, My fav is project runway!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh and, you sound kind of like a Dust Bunny Hostage in this post.

    :)

    ReplyDelete