Thursday, August 14, 2008

Colors of Summer

Not much going on around here...I'm home alone for the first time in about 3 months.  Auburn Guy and 'Bama Girl have gone back to college.  David is in South Alabama (Evergreen).  So, I'm doing a little quilting, some catching up with friends and a whole lot of nothing!

I went to the farmer's market and here's what I came home with:

DSC00138

 

Purple fingers!...no, this is what I got from going to the farmer's market!

 

 

 

 

DSC00139

 

 

This is what gave me purple fingers...Purple Hull Peas!

 

 

 

DSC00141

 

 

Bacon and 'mater sandwiches.

Fried squash!

 

 

 

DSC00142

 

 

Peach ice cream!  If David stops eating them!

 

 

 

As I said, not much going on in my life!  (Which is a good thing).

 

Later,

Debbie

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you might be available to go eat sometime. Lori and I might need to make a trip over there. :)

    You need to go to my brother in laws web site. He has a CD with a song about Purple hull peas on it. It was my Aunt Mae's favorite song. Unfortunately he does not have that song on there to listen to, but he does have a bunch of others. I am going to have to tell my sister to put it on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're leading quite a colorful life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the quiet gets a little too quiet.
    Enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always nice to have some color in our life. My hubbie shops at the farmers market. He loves sweet corn so much we have to eat it every day while it is in season. Usually by the time sweet corn season is over, I have had my fill for a whole year!

    I can't wait to see your quilt project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMMM! I love purple hull peas, 'mater sandwiches, and peaches. Enjoy the solitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are enjoying summer!! Wish I had one of your sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete