Saturday, March 29, 2008

Trippin'

Got home from our shopping trip and thought I'd share some of our finds from Sir's Fabric. This only a little of our haul! We also got buttons, templates, some quilt books (.88), and other do-dads we really didn't need!

I don't have a cat, but I've always wanted to do a 'cat quilt' and these fish bones were so cute!

Hmmm...do I see a 'frog' quilt in the future?

We also stopped at Old Time Pottery and I picked up these baskets...
more organizing.

In response to the comment from Paula (the Fraker Farm)...(thanks for comments Paula!), Sir's Fabric is great if you catch them at the right time. They were having a Truckload Sale, but it was on decorator fabric - loads and loads of it. But...there was not as much cotton as I was looking for. The store is enormous, as well as the outdoor fabric store (across the street). As I said, if you catch them at the right time, you can really stock up - most of the fabric is anywhere from $1.99 - 2.99 (cottons) - decorator fabric (used for drapery, upholstery, comforter, etc.) is very, very reasonable - anywhere from $3.99 - 14.99 (Waverly, etc.) Really good stuff. So, would I drive 3 hours to come? Maybe not, but...if you are in the area, oh yeah, I'd stop. They are located only about an hour from me, so it is worth the drive. They have a web site if you are interested.

Note to husband: "Honey if you're reading this....take deep breaths....I really didn't spend much money! Love you."

Later,

Debbie



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the info, Debbie! I may wait until Hubby and I are going that way to a tractor show or something...but I'll definitely keep that place in mind. Glad you had a great trip- looking forward to seeing what you do with all this "stuff"! LOL

    ReplyDelete