Sunday, November 21, 2010

I'm floating down da river of da nile...

Seriously...I'm so in denial!  Can you believe Christmas is only 35 days away!  I feel like everything is so rushed this year.  Maybe because it still doesn't feel like winter...today is suppose to be in the 70's.  Crazy!

I hate the holidays being such a rush.  Thanksgiving is just 5 days away.  In the previous post I said we'll be with David's family on Thanksgiving Day and on Friday will have another dinner here.  This will be the first time 'Bama Girl's fiance' will be meeting the family.  Poor boy! 

Not only is next week Thanksgiving, but also 'Bama Girl's birthday and our anniversary.  Just sayin'. 

I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought food for our dinner. Today, I'm probably going to do all my chopping...onions, celery, bell peppers, pickles, etc.   One new thing I'm adding to the menu this year is roasted brussels sprouts:

2 packages 'fresh'  brussels sprouts (about 48)

3 T olive oil   1 T  lemon juice       2 T  chopped garlic            salt and pepper

Cut brown end and any yellow leaves off sprouts.  Cut in half.  Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice; add garlic, salt and pepper.  Roast on pan at 400* for 30-40 min. stirring or shaking pan to turn sprouts over. 

                                    

They are so good...I also use the same recipe for roasted broccoli or cauliflower.  (I've always been anti-vegetables...unless they're fried, buttered or swimming in cheese or sauce...roasted veggies changed this!)

*Brussels or brussel sprouts?  I looked it up...it's brussels sprouts with an 's'.

'Bama Girl came home Wednesday night and we spent two days making quilts for her to give to her future in-laws...I forgot to take pictures.  She took the one for Dain's Dad home to finish the binding, I have one on the quilting machine and one to finish putting borders on.  And one of mine to quilt and one to finish the binding on.  (Oh!  I do have a picture of the one on the frame!)

                              DSC02081

                                                       DSC02083

This was another thing I did while I was out yesterday: bought  more batting and even though I had a 40% off coupon it was still $150...(ridiculous!) and it wasn't even the kind I wanted...all they had was natural and I wanted white.  The manager called every store in a 45 mile radius and none of the three had any white!  What's up?                          

I may take the week off, but don't be surprised if I show up!

Later,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the BS recipe..I love these so much! Have a great Thanksgiving :D

    ReplyDelete