Friday, March 20, 2009

Nipping it in the butt!

                                                

                                                  When pigs fly!

                              

              Well, don't look now...because they are!

 

As you know, I haven't been writing too much lately because nothing interesting has been happening.  All I've been doing is trying to get enough clothes together for the cruise and day-to-day "stuff"!

But...the one thing that has been going on in my life is that I've quit smoking.

I know it may not seem like a big thing to most people, but I was so totally addicted that the most I'd ever gone without a cigarette was maybe a day...probably only a few hours!...before I was lighting up again.  This time, however, I haven't had one in 2 weeks.  And believe me that's an accomplishment because I have been smoking for... "gulp"... 35 years.

Anyway, I'm not bragging or asking for a "pat on the back" because it was a bad habit that was soooo nasty.  I just wanted to explain why I haven't been writing so much lately and that's because sitting at the computer is a trigger...as is driving, eating, drinking coffee...and so on and so on!  And...good blog friends that you are, I know you'll understand if I don't post as much as I used to.  But you won't get rid of me that easily...I will be reading yours and will write when things pick up around here and I have something to write about that won't put us all in a coma from boredom!

Later,

Debbie

 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I totally understand. I just celebrated 3 years myself in Feb. It is a great accomplishment and be soooo proud of yourself. I am so much healthier and have a lot more energy. I am hardly sick anymore with a cold for more than 3 days and havent had bronchiatis since. I am so glad for you.
    You are right about the triggers, I didn't go into a public resturant or bar for about 8 weeks. We didn't even go out to eat for about 5 weeks. Someone told me, "Whereever you always smoked, changed your life and don't go there while trying to quit". It is true. I also didn't talk much on the phone. I use to have to find my cigs before I even answered the phone. I don't struggle with it at all now. It's gone. In the worst minute of my worst hour I don't even think of a cig anymore. I am so glad for that. I heard in April they will be 5.00 a pack also. Everyone should quit, but when they do whats the gov't going to do to make up all that tax revenue??.
    Hang in there Deb, I'm rooting for ya.
    Shanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's really great. I'm sure it's not easy, but I know you'll be happy and healthier for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad for you! Hooray! That is quite a big deal. I don't think your posts are boring! I wish we lived near each other so we could really visit.
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY for YOU! I'm so proud of you! I've quit so many times I got a PhD in Quitting! With the prices goiing up and me all into economizing I'm thinkin this is gonna hit me fast. Know that YOU are an inspiration to me! I do understand about triggers, but I miss hearing your "voice" in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I was there, I wouldn't just pat you on the back, I'd stand up and applaud! Congrats for making such a big decision to do something so difficult! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, Deb, you absolutely get a pat on the back from me. Been there, done that. I KNOW how hard it is. Probably the hardest thing I ever did in my life. I had smoked for about 25 years when I quit. Congratulations on your milestone. I'm praying that the hardest part is over. Isn't it fun to think of yourself as a "nonsmoker?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that is quite an accomplishment! it's tough to do, i know. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking for myself, I'd rather have you not blogging for a while if it means you'll be able to stick with the "no smoking". I like having you around but I'd rather have you healthy. Way to go, Debbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so proud of you. I know it is a big deal and you can keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Debbie!! I am so proud of you....keep it up!

    ReplyDelete