Sunday, June 8, 2008

The straw that broke the camel's back!

Yeah, we've all had those days, those weeks!

The final straw was when my cable and internet went down for no reason at all. On Friday! The weekend! So, I spent 2 days on the phone explaining, cajoling, cussing, and crying to anyone who would listen. I talked to people in New York, Illinois, Montreal, and India (yeah, can you say "language barrier?"). Yes, my name is Debbie (for the 5th time!) I live at blah, blah, blah and the last four digits of my social security number is blah, blah, blah! Finally got an appointment for the cable guy to come on Saturday. But...called back when he didn't show and found out the appointment had been rescheduled for Sunday morning! Thanks for calling. The problem: The cable company had rerouted my service! Did I get a refund? Oh yeah....$8. Again, thanks for making me be on the phone 2 days, then staying home 2 days waiting on the cable guy, and for making my blood pressure rise!

Okay, enough!

Just wanted to give a shoutout (?) to all my friends who read and comment on my blog...it always surprises me that anyone does! So without further ado, thanks Meg, Jennifer, Susan, Valarie, Lorie, Joyce, Kim, Susan, Paula, Mary Anne, Tipper, Vickie, Lynn...and if I missed anyone...just know that I appreciate you and your kind words!

Guess I'll go now, lots to do tomorrow...make hot tamales (yummm!), paint, get a plumber back here, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah!

Later,

Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Debbie - I know what you mean when you say "language barrier." I recently had to call with a Norton anitvirus problem. It took nearly an hour to solve a problem that would have taken minutes if only I could have understood the tech!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out and I can't wait to be sitting across the table talking to you my friend!
    Be blessed!
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Shoot. You're welcome. It is my pleasure reading you.

    And your split family is interesting to me. Two kiddos going to college... Bama and that other one? I am just intrigued!

    Take Care Debbie!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stuff sweetie! Having no internet sucks, doesn't it? AAAAARgh!!!

    ReplyDelete