Friday, May 6, 2011

Normal?

Well, things are slowly getting back to normal for us.  And hopefully for others in the neighborhood and our community after the tornadoes.

But, what is normal?  For me...hmmmm...let's see!  Just a a little heads up..I'm in a mood today!

True story:

Not too long ago,  I was driving down my long driveway and a white cat ran in front of my car and into the woods.  A few days later just about dark, I looked outside and saw something white.  I thought it was the cat.  So, I stood on my porch and started calling to it:  "Here kitty kitty.  C'mere kitty.  Kitty, kitty, kitty?..."  It was nearly dark, but I could see the "kitty" turn around and waddle to the barn...not a kitty!  But, I didn't know what it was...but, everybody laughed at me and said my "kitty" was a possum!  I said no.  It had a fluffy tail and was definitely not a possum!  I may not be the quickest bunny in the woods, but the village hasn't lost it's idiot yet ... I do know what a possum looks like!

So...the morning after the tornadoes, I hadn't slept all night, and went out onto the porch to see if there was any damage,  instead...I found my "kitty"!

                                       DSC02908

                                                                 An albino skunk?

In other news, 'Bama Girl and the Fiance' were here.  Power was outin McCalla, so they came home...for food!  And in case you were wondering, the University of Alabama has re-scheduled graduation.  'Bama Girl will be graduating August 6th.  And if I didn't say...ya'll are all invited!  It's gonna be kinda strange, 'cause she'll already have been taking law classes.  (She's going to school this summer...no stopping that girl!) 

And...speaking of 'Bama Girl...wanna see what I got for Mother's Day?

                             DSC02913

After framing:

                                      DSC02917

'Bama Girl is talented in more than one way!  Did you know she got an Art scholarship when she graduated from high school?  Really!

(I've got to stop this bragging!!)  BTW...I love William, too!  And am very proud of him!  He's doing well in the Digital Imaging program...but I'm not sure when classes will resume, because the campus was slightly hit by the tornadoes and I don't think power has been restored. 

Guess I'll go for now...'Bama Dad (David) came in last night and we're going to see a man about some cows! That makes me happy!   LOL!  The only problem with getting some cows is that I won't be able to bush hog as much...and you all know how much I love bush hogging!   One  more funny story:

Last weekend, David was home.  I was bush hogging a pasture...'Bama hat on, music on the i-Pod...gettin' it!  David brought me some water and said, "Darlin', I've bought you diamonds and pearls, Cadillacs and BMW's...but that darn green tractor has made you happier than any of that other!"  Yep!   I love my tractor!

But to prove I'm still a girly-girl...what do you think of this?

                                            DSC02915

Purple fingernail polish?  Yes or no.  'Bama Girl didn't like it...I do.  I win.  I'm going to get some blue and green and yellow...so there!  **sticking tongue out**  I guess she was just shocked that my nails were painted at all!  I usually only do my toenails...and only in the summer.  In the winter?  I just let the summer polish wear off!  TMI...gross, huh?

Well, I'll leave you with a picture of my polish peeling toenails burned into your brain!  You're very much welcome! 

Later,

Debbie

3 comments:

  1. An albino skunk ... UGH!
    You should be very proud of Bama girl! She did an excellent job on the pic! Love it!
    I like my green tractor too .. I do the "yard". My hubby just won't let me on the green tractor he uses for bushhogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie!
    Your stories are always so funny!
    We had a skunk once, on another property we owned, and it was not a good thing. The skunk "skunked" out a groundhog and took over his home and lived in and around our barn until we finally had to kill it after it "skunked" our sweet dog....and oh the smell. Even after her fur was smelling okay again, it had gone down into her lungs and everytime she breathed (and she was an inside dog) she exhaled out the skunk smell!
    Another time a female skunk had a litter of babies between the slats of the wood pallets we had our horse feed barrels on top of and we were literally "stepping" on/over the skunks each time we fed our horses! Luckily the slats were too close together for the mom skunk to raise her tail so we only got the whiffs every now and then until we realized what was going on! Soooooo.....loooooong story here.....but I so do not like skunks and I sincerely hope yours is not living in your barn....and I LOVE tractors too but it's too rocky and forested on this property so we sold ours a few years ago.
    Lisa
    PS Your skunk might not be an albino because of the black points, and my husband thinks there is a skunk species with reverse coloring. By the way, you got a great photo!....and good luck!
    PPS Beautiful work of art...is that you, your husband, Chance and your barn?! Talented girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Miss Debbie- I've missed you and your hilarious posts! Uhhh... I don't think I would be putting out any meow mix for that "kitty"... *hehe*
    Bama Girl is so very talented! Love the painting.
    And your nail polish is just girlie enough to match your green tractor! *squeal*

    ReplyDelete