Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mis·cel·la·ny

noun  \ˈmi-sə-ˌlā-nē

Definition of MISCELLANY

a plural : separate writings collected in one volume

 b : a collection of writings on various subjects

 

Uh huh.  If the title fits...

I was going to post yesterday, but I didn't have electricity from 5:30 am until 4 pm.  No electricity=no computer!  We had a lot of storms and apparently the straight-line winds knocked down trees and snapped off power lines.  Onward!

So many things got away from me lately...

One of them was that my sister and bro-in-law (who work in Iraq for a contractor) came to visit, fell in love with Alabama and decided to buy a home here!  Unfortunately they had to go back to Iraq one more time and then will be back in August to stay!  Aren't they cute?

                                        DSC02859

                    It took forever to get this picture...she kept closing her eyes! 

We had gone to Hartselle, AL antiquing and went to Cahoots Cafe' to eat...cute place...antiques everywhere and each booth is different!

                                           DSC02861

                                                    Looking up from our table.

                                             DSC02862

                                           The bathroom!  Check out the tin ceiling!

On one of our shopping trips, I bought these wire baskets:

                                           DSC02881

and this ladder:

 

                                                DSC02880

I L.O.V.E. this ladder!  I'd been looking for one for a long, long time!  (I'll show the quilt top another time...I'm not finished and it's a *surprise*)

I've also been working on some furniture that I bought, but won't show now.  Well...just a peek:

                                        DSC02875

Pretty ugly, huh?  Don't know when I'll be through with it 'cause it's spring in Alabama and you know what that means!  Yard work, yard work, yard work.  And bush hogging...I've already started!

And since this is spring and summer is coming up, I have so many things on my plate (graduation...finding 'Bama Girl a new apartment...did I mention yard work?) my postings will probably be few and far between!  I know ya'll know what I mean!  *gasp*    Some things...like life...come before blogging!  Now, I didn't say I'd stop...it will just be more random than it is now!      

Later,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. Good grief, Miss Debbie- you've been busier than a bee in a sugar shack! *hehe*
    Cute picture of your brother and his wife- glad they will be moving "home" soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me again, Debbie- I meant sister and brother-IN-LAW... JEEZ! I am such a dork! *hehe*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie I love the ladder! And those wire baskets. I bet you are counting down the days until your sister and her husband are close by. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those shopping trip finds! Cant wait to see what you do with them.

    Life does get in the way of fun at times. But you do what you gotta do. Dropping a note here and there is better than none.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie. Are you ok over there? We had bad storms in GA, but I know your state got MUCH worse. I pray that you are your friends and family made it out safe and I am so sad for the ones who did not. :(

    ReplyDelete