Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Retirement Benefits

Retirement may not be all it’s cracked up to be, but the benefits are great…for me!

My sweet hubby lived through the kitchen remodel and then he made this:

                                       DSC03348

Here it is full!

                                         DSC03356

*Squeal!*  Don’t you just L.O.V.E. it?  I do!  It’s one of the best thing I’ve ever had!  A pot rack and a great place to hang “junk”!

I also have some pictures of the “stuff” from the  junking trips my sister and I have taken.

One of my scales:

                                             DSC03360

A vintage step stool (my new cabinets are really high!):

                                                        DSC03347

I’ve got some work to do on this…cleaning…a new seat cover!

And this little bear that is so ugly!  He’s made from an old quilt and was so sad-looking, I just couldn’t leave him:

                                               DSC03362

And finally, this bird cage that I haven’t found a permanent place for:

                                                DSC03363

Well…I’ve procrastinated enough…I’m working on a quilt and needed a break…so, back to the grindstone!  I’ll be back next week with more to “report” ‘cause Donna (sis), Woody (BIL), David (hubby) and I are going to Nashville to the flea market!  YAY…more junk!

Later,

Debbie

5 comments:

  1. *SQUEEEEAL*
    I love the ladder rack, Debbie! Nice to see you're putting the hubby to good use. *hehe*
    I love that sad little bear... I couldn't have left him behind, either. I'm a sucker for lil' fellers like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ladder too! You got some great things too.
    Have fun in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie! I come to you through FarmChick Paula's blog. Had to check you out since I'm from Bama myself! LOVE the ladder pot rack! I have always wanted one to hang quilts on! I see you are a quilter, too....I have a seperate quilt blog and my main blog. Hope you will come by and check me out as well! Take care!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful kitchen! Your hubby is so clever to fashion that wonderful pot rack! I would love to get my pots out of their overcrowded cabinet and hanging up but our kitchen is too small and my ceiling too low for that.

    I've enjoyed visiting your blog today. It's so nice to meet a fellow Alabamian blogger!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new kitchen, Debbie, and that pot rock is the bomb! Too bad about Bama and those LSU Tigers.

    ReplyDelete