I'm suppose to put a new recipe up every so often and today I made a pound cake that is...so easy...so moist...so gone!
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks!!!) softened
(1) 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
(3) cups sugar
(1) egg yolk
(2) teaspoons vanilla extract
(3) cups flour
1. preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan, tube pan, or 2 9-by-5 inch loaf pans
2. Combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and egg yolk, and vanilla in large bowl: beat until smooth.
3. Add cake flour 1/2 cup at a time. Stir together until smooth.
4. Pour into pan. Bake 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I've never had any problem with this recipe, it always turns out great. One thing I don't do that the recipe says is to grease and flour...I use Pam. It always seem to work, plus I hate to grease and flour! And if you think you must...here's a little tip! Mix equal parts shortening and flour in a small bowl then use this mixture and you won't have flour all over the place...it works!