Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey and ham and dressing…Oh My!

                                           

Countdown to Thanksgiving!

But guess what?  ‘Bama Girl, Fiance’, and MFR (My Favorite Roomie!)  won’t be here…no, they won’t!  Neither will William! 

It’s just going to be the six of us…Me, David, Donna and Woody, Mr. Turkey and Mr. Ham!

I’m smoking a turkey, cooking a ham, dressing and gravy, rolls, deviled eggs, a pumpkin cheesecake and a plain cheesecake.

Donna is making chicken and dumplings, sweet potato casserole, broccoli salad and a peanut butter pie!

For four…4!…people!

I’m also making a green bean casserole and deviled eggs for the in-law dinner!  And a birthday cake!

David and I will be going to his Mother’s  for lunch on Thursday.  Then, we’ll come back to our house to eat dinner with Donna and Woody.

Friday, we’ll be going to Tuscaloosa to take the poor and pitiful (i.e.:   “… can’t cook ‘cause we have no money!”), over-worked  (i.e.:  “…exams next week!”)  law students!  Gotta love ‘em!

And then zoom back here for dinner with William!

Saturday?  Iron Bowl!

                                                  

                                      

                                                     Roll Tide

                                              

Later,

Debbie

1 comment:

  1. Roll Tide!!!! (Yep, I'm from AL....my husband is an alum!) And, boy that's a load of great-sounding FOOD!!!! Wish I could've come to your house for Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete